Sunday 5 January 2014

NARS Yachiyo Brush 27 Review

After years of using the perfect multi-functional NARS Yachiyo Brush I've finally decided to review it. Sadly, it looks like the infamous, highly rated brush is now out of stock at NARS.com and Sephora, although, I did find it available online by the Canadian retailer, The Bay, where I have originally purchased it for $73+!

So what's so good about it? The NARS Yachiyo brush's modern concept and function unites traditional Japanese culture, creating unique and versatile design. Featuring super black goat hair, known for its softness and strength, this Kabuki Artisan brush is designed for a variety of uses including color application, blending, contouring and highlighting. Super black goat hair is ideal for blending pigments.

PROS: 
  • Easy to use
  • Gorgeous packaging and design
  • Well-made and well-crafted
  • Multi-functional and versatile - it's great for contouring and highlighting
  • Bendy and spring-like feel and diffusing pointy end designed for a perfect application
  • Made for use with very pigmented powder blushes such as NARS Exhibit A
  • Perfect for cheeks and face blush/bronzer application
  • Made with very soft Pen Super Goat hairs, which are ideal for blending pigments
  • The hand-spun black wisteria handle preserves its unique traditional character
  • Rated 4.6 out of 5 by MakeupAlley.com members
CONS: 
  • Very expensive
  • Hard to find
  • Slight hair fall out
Despite the price tag, I highly recommend investing in this brush. It lasted me many years, and it can do much more than a typical blush brush. Think of it as a 5-in-1 tool!

Value: 5/5
Quality: 4.5/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Price: $$$$


Overall: 4/5  You gotta have it.

Would I use it again? Yes.


3 comments:

  1. That brush is so pretty. Love that it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a luxury! My most expensive brushes came from Lancome at $30-$40 each!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with getting my hands on one of these, but I can't find it at Sephora! I think I might just end up purchasing from the retailer you mentioned. Just discovered your blog, you're absolutely stunning!! I can't believe I just found your site now, love the layout and your blogging style. I'd love it if we could follow each other! let me know xx Kristina
    succhisimples.com

    ReplyDelete