Sunday 15 December 2013

Make Up For Ever / Midnight Glow Gun Metal 15 Glitter Review


I've just discovered Make Up For Ever  glitter, a perfect solution for a hint of sparkle, shimmer, and glam for the Holiday look. Wow! While I have never used much glitter before, this high quality option is versatile for both body and face, and it doesn't look cheap nor tacky.  The new Midnight Glow glitter in Gun Metal 15, at $20, is lightweight, made of fine reflecting particles, and very easy to use. I'm very impressed with it's effect and performance, and can't wait to try the others. Take a look.


How to apply:
Apply using a brush, sponge applicator or the fingers. For optimum hold, wet the brush, sponge or fingers with water or Mist & Fix. Aqua Seal may also be used to create a waterproof hold.

Pros:

  • A little bit goes a long way
  • Adds fun to your look
  • Highly pigmented
  • Blends easily
  • Multi-use
  • Easy to use
  • Shows beautifully in photographs
  • Non-irritating!
  • Affordable & lasts awhile

Cons:
Hard to clean up and can be messy if not used properly

What else you need to know:
"Sprinkle onto lip gloss in the evening to emphasize lip volume. To make glitter adhere to the body or hair, first spray these areas with water, then place a small amount glitter in the palm of your hand and gently blow onto the dampened areas."—Dany Sanz, Make Up For Ever founder

Value: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: $$


Overall: 4.5/5  Lovely!

Would I use it again? Yes.

4 comments:

  1. I think most glitter shadows get a bit messy, I don`t like the ones that I have a hard time getting to adhere to my lids! This looks really pretty though and more pros than cons which is great.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I discovered you through my topic on Beautylish! :)
    I have to be honest I have never tried any of the Make-up Forever products because they are quite tricky to get where I live but you have now converted me to ordering a couple of these glitters online. What a beautiful festive look and it seems like the fallout is minimal, it just looks flawless!
    You have a new reader :)

    I hope you can check out my blog too,

    Lots of love,
    Marianna
    x o x o

    http://mariannakhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete