Sunday 27 January 2013

January Empties / Skin Care and Makeup


In the last month or so I have hit the pan too many times. Hurray! It felt so good to finally be done with many of the products below. Such a relief, for I tend to purchase much more than I need or require. 10 mascaras? Really? But at least, I can say goodbye to DiorShow. I've used it for longer than I should have. Remember the 6 month rule? Ah, finally!

And of course, here is the very long list. Enjoy.



1. Dove Visible Care Softening Creme Body Wash / leaves the skin soft and touchable, non-drying, perfect as shaving cream. 4/5

2. Victoria's Secret Shea Butter based lotion / works well, but the fragrance is too overwhelming. 3/5

3. Naturally Upper Canada Body Lotion in Warm Honey / fresh scent, absorbs well, non-greasy, and overall a great lotion for the body and hands. 5/5

4. Principessa Pretty Piede Foot Balm / a nice treat for overworked feet. 4/5

5. Green Beaver Apres-Ski Winter Face Cream / Read the review

6. Nivea Q-10 Anti-wrinkle night cream / my go to nightcream, affordable, non-greasy, and provides immediate results. 5/5

7. B.Kamins Maple Body Lotion / great, but very expensive. 3/5

8. Jouviance Anti-aging cream / this is a high quality product, but the sample size was too small.

9. Beauta Berry Face Cream sample / this product oxidizes and peels off my face as I try to put on my makeup. 2.5/5

10. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - Ultra Deep Cleansing / unfortunately, they didn't do much deep cleaning. 3/5

11. SIMPLE Refreshing Facial Wash Gel / works well for sensitive skin. 4/5

12. Korres White Tea Facial Cleanser / perfect for blemish prevention, removes dirt and makeup, perfect for sensitive skin. 4/5

13. La Roche-Posay Derm AHA Intensive Resurfacing Serum / works well so far, but the sample contained too little of the product in order to see a difference in my skin-tone. I will most likely try it again. 4/5

14. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel / a great gel consistency cleanser for blemish-prone skin. It works! 4/5

15. Biore Makeup Removing Towelettes / they get the job done! 5/5

16. Quo Mini eye makeup remover pads / super handy to have. I've carried these around in my purse. Although, slightly too drying. 4/5

17. Prevens Makeup Remover wipes / decent wipes for low price. 4/5

18. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub / definitely brightened out my complexion, and kept those zits at bay! Unfortunately, I was unable to find it again. 4.5/5

19. NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation in 01 / Simply Amazing! This is a great foundation, and works as well if not better than many other leading brands, including department store foundations that I have payed up to $65 for. The bottle was only $12. 5/5

20. DiorSkin Nude in 010 Natural Glow / perfect coverage, but a bit drying. 4/5

21. Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base sampler / won't be buying this product, it did absolutely nothing for my lashes. 2/5

22. Sula Natural Lipgloss in Come Find Me / deeply moisturizing and long lasting as well as natural. 5/5
23. YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in 01 / yes, it is as good as it claims to be. In fact, I have repurchased. The only downside is that it's very expensive per mL. 4/5

24. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector / Read the Review

25. Boxx Cream Corrector in Melina / great consistency, coverage, and colour, however, it doesn't last. 3/5

5 comments:

  1. nice! :) love how you include a comment and your rating next to the items! very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so going to try the La Roche-Posay serum! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice beauty sharing such a lovely blog having Excellent content regarding skin issues... thanks for sharing it with us. keep your good work dude......
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am sharing about my skin problem, before few months my skin is full of wrinkle and nobody could stop this, but thanks to klinik esthetika which can stop my wrinkle due to skin tightening .

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the last month or so I have hit the pan too many times. Hurray! It felt so good to finally be done with many of the products below. Amanda K

    ReplyDelete