Wednesday 21 December 2011

Groomed for Success / How much makeup is too much?

What kind of makeup do you wear to work? Bold or bare?

According to last month's Women's Health issue, somewhere in-between bold and bare is a makeup sweet spot that can help you advance your career.

Few interesting facts:
  • Research shows that people are more comfortable with polished women than they are with naturally stunning
  • If you pay attention to your clothes, accessories, hair, and makeup, you likely pay attention to details at work
  • Put some effort in your makeup but don't go overboard
  • Heavy makeup may suggest misplaced priorities
  • Blush should be a natural looking pink or berry shade
  • Opt for sheer lip stain or tinted lip balm. Lips that are too shiny say 'kiss me', and not 'hire' or 'promote' me
  • Smoky eyes are repellent at work, so keep it pretty and simple
  • Curl your lashes for an instant eye lift, then apply mascara

1 comment:

  1. These are such good tips! I'm in grad school and a lot of these are good ideas to implement. I definitely want to look polished and put together, but I don't want my professors to think that I'm putting too much time and effort into my appearance.

    PS: I found your blog through makeuptalk! :)

    ReplyDelete